Friday, February 16, 2018

PACIFIC DAYDREAM




    Welcome to today's blog entry everyone. I wanted to start out today on the personal/casual note, and share some music with you all as well as review an album. So here we go:

     The band, Weezer, released a new album in the autumn of 2017. I was unaware of this project because I had not bought anything by this particular artist for a number of years. But I stumbled across the new album, Pacific Daydream, online and gave it a quick perusal. There was enough ear candy there to make me buy the album and I was very glad that I did in the end. In my opinion, if you are familiar with this band, or even if you're not, this may be an album worth checking into. It is a very radio pop style album, but I also find it to be a very smooth and melodic listen. The whole atmosphere of this album reminds me of cruising down the road on a summer night with mellow jams rocking in the tape deck. If you are a child of the 80s, and enjoyed bands such as A-Ha (of the Take On Me fame,) Real Life and maybe even the Pet Shop Boys, then this will certainly be an album that tickles your fancy. This particular album is not as dance floor oriented as perhaps the Pet Shop Boys or even earlier efforts by A-Ha; but you can definitely hear some of the old 1980s pop flavor shining through these songs. There are two tracks on the album that are very modern-day pop radio hits. But even those particular songs are catchy in their own right. The rest of the album is a bit more subdued and has a rather mature groove to it. I truly enjoyed this musical release, and if you like the songs shared below, then, chances are, you'll enjoy this entire album. I feel that the tracks below reflect the basic vibe of the CD pretty well. Enjoy, and happy listening!







No comments:

Post a Comment

THE PARANORMAL CHRISTIAN

     Many Christians and religious people are interested in the paranormal. But yet, they feel apprehensive about exploring or discussing th...