Friday, March 1, 2013

LAUGHING DOWN LONELY CANYONS




    I've shared this poem around the internet today, and I thought it would be nice to end the day by sharing it here. I wrote this yesterday and really enjoy the feel of it... I hope you do too.



LAUGHING DOWN LONELY CANYONS

 
Midnight creeps in under the guise of candlelight
throwing specters across the room
and dancing on the walls.
Night like a tomb seals my fate,
as isolation screams in shouting silence.
Looking for a window in a house of tears,
no hope flickers in the opaque future.
Life’s cruel joke delivers its punch line
in a fashion that cuts my soul to the bone.
No one here but the ghost of myself
mocking my own shadow
and laughing down lonely canyons.
 


1 comment:

  1. Wow. Very evocative and haunting.

    And, almost appropriately, the "copy this number" part of the verification has a digit that's fallen from the wall of its own lonely canyon.

    ReplyDelete

THE PARANORMAL CHRISTIAN

     Many Christians and religious people are interested in the paranormal. But yet, they feel apprehensive about exploring or discussing th...